Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Show at Flint Art Institute


This piece is called The Land Ladies. It is a mixed media with paint , a photo transfer and lots of texture. It won third place in a juried show at Uof M hosptal. The Ann Arbor Women Artists and a few Good Men board members have a show in Flint at the Art Institute. A very nice museum that I had never even been to and right in my own back yard, shame on me. The museum has just been remodeled and was a pleasure to tour. I've been doing some reading about Nathan Oliveira. I find his figures so haunting.I love this quote of his, "I believe in an art that layers time upon time, an art that simply reaffirms our presence and the depth of our extence on this earth, our planet in the universe."

2 comments:

Kristy C said...

this is just beautiful!

Clara said...

Corinne, I just "discovered" your blog. Your work is lovely, and I'm particularly impressed with how you combine image transfers with other paint and collage. I've been trying, so far unsuccessfully to transfer onto acrylic-painted surfaces. It seems you've transferred onto watercolor; have you done so onto acrylic paint as well? If so, any tips you can share? Thanks in advance,

Clara