Saturday, January 31, 2009

Men at Work


 This is a piece I worked on while mentoring a young lady, she just turned 17. She also wants to be an artist. First we covered some print paper with black gesso, let that dry. Then we cut out figures out of plastic, different weights. We then applied watered down white gesso over the black and layed our plastic on top. Let that dry and then I went back in with colored pencils. She has not finished hers but I will post her's soon. I want to do a whole series of shadows and figures. I have them dancing around in my head, we'll see if they want to come out and play.

1 comment:

mary schweitzer said...

Oh, I am so glad you visited my blog. Otherwise I wouldn't have found yours. And I am so in love with your work! I had a great time looking around and reading how you arrive at your completed pieces. I am going to add you to my links. Wonderful!!
What is a watercolor pour?
Mary