Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Insecurity of Artists


I just spent some time with a wonderful artist, Nancy Feldkamp. She does these wonderful painting of sheep on yupo using watercolors. It was funny to have her talk about her own insecurities about her work. She being so accomplished but I guess it's true that we all struggle with this. I love the Carl Rogers quote "We can copy others, we can live to please others, or we can discover that which is unique and precious to us, and paint that, become that. It is a task which takes a lifetime." Amen to that . I love red tulips, they seem so strong and beautiful. This piece is called Tulips. It is watercolor on rice paper then beeswax applied as a resist and then removed and mounted on watercolor paper. Lots of steps but I liked the result.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your work!!!
I came over here via my site artticulation. I just wanted to let you know I got your post on the AB class online I'm collecting names and email addy's of those interested. Thanks Corinne!

Faye said...

Corinne, this painting is really gorgeous.