Monday, April 7, 2008

Ladies in Waiting


I've always known I've had some gifts that I was suppose to share with the world but I never knew what they were. I thought if I could only learn more, become the best at something. I was on this constant course of self improvement. It's taken me many life lessons to stop the urgent race to fulfill my special and unique potential. I am now ready to allow myself to be ordinary me and find comfort in the being rather then in the becoming. It's what I love about art. It is all in the doing that I love. Finding new ways, methods, playing with the materials. I understand now that the biggest waste of a life is never being present in it.
This is a watercolor I did awhile ago called Ladies in Waiting. I would apply washes and then bring out the figures by just using a brush filled with water to get back to the white of the paper.

No comments: